Yahweh my Shepherd : Dubliners : Clay ending

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Dubliners : Clay ending




Dubliners
James Joyce
Ending of Clay

I dreamt that I dwelt in marble halls
 With vassals and serfs at my side,
 And of all who assembled within those walls
 That I was the hope and the pride.
 I had riches too great to count; could boast
 Of a high ancestral name,
 But I also dreamt, which pleased me most,
 That you loved me still the same.



I believe writing like this inspires the function of the mind so much more than could possibly be understood, to live in the presence of greatness always.

I haven't read to many lines from James Joyce, but to this day, 7/9/2014 I'm making it a point to read all of his Novels and works.

The style of writing that James Joyce provides a steady imaginative platform, to conceive the thoughtfulness of James Joyce.

I suggest Dubliners as a must read for anyone. 




No comments:

Post a Comment