Yahweh my Shepherd : Fydor Ivanovich Tyutchev

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Fydor Ivanovich Tyutchev

Reproach Me Not

Reproach me not e'en if I earn your indignation;
Know: of us two you are to be more envied far.
Unlike my love for you, yours is sincere, unmarred
By jealousy's mistrust, its rancour and vexation.

A  wretched sorcerer, who doubts himself and stifles
Faith in the magic world by his own efforts wrought
I know myself to be… I am - O bitter thought!-
Of your warm, living soul the idol cold and lifeless.
- See more at: http://allpoetry.com/Reproach-Me-Not#sthash.2WDLLaj7.dpufh

- This type of poetry is very subtle, how it interacts and treats the life, and soul of the reader. Read this poem, both as the author and then as the reader, and leave a comment on how it made it you feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment