Yahweh my Shepherd : Fear by Marush

Saturday, August 1, 2015

Fear by Marush

Fear...

My mind is plagued by all sorts of thoughts
They come and go as they please
But sometimes there are some who do not stop
To haunt me tirelessly

I try to distract myself 
With work, games or books
But those thoughts keep coming back
And bait me with their hooks

I know what drives them now
What gives them endless frontier
What keeps me awake all those nights
Yes, I know, it is Fear

Fear! How you haunt us
Track us down in a never ending hunt
We fear so many things 
That life seems to keep out in front

Be it other people and their cruelty
Be it Poverty, Loneliness and Pain
Be it sarcastic ridicule of others
Fear, you drive us insane

You paralyse our ability
To go out and seek our neighbour’s good
You destroy our very capacity 
To reach those stars as we should

We fear the shadows of small probabilities
We fear the ultimate Unknown
How I crave some rest from your gaze 
How I wish you would leave me alone

My mind seeks a place of rest
Where thoughts are tethered only by a string
Of peace and joy and contentment
And not the torments that you bring

I guess I now understand a little
What the Good Lord always to His Disciples said
He knows us so well and thus commands,
“Do not be afraid”!

(c) 

By: Marush 

No comments:

Post a Comment