Yahweh my Shepherd : PJ Harvey - The Last Living Rose HD

Monday, December 1, 2014

PJ Harvey - The Last Living Rose HD




PJ Harvey Announces Poetry Book The Hollow of the Hand




PJ Harvey has announced her first book: a 224-page collection of images and poetry created in collaboration with photographer/filmmaker Seamus Murphy, titled The Hollow of the Hand. According to Amazon, the new text arrives October 20, 2015 in the United States (October 8 in the United Kingdom) via Bloomsbury Circus, and was crafted in the wake of her last album, 2011's Let England ShakeThe Hollow of the Hand chronicles the authors' travels around the world between 2011 and 2014, to locations such as Kosovo, Afghanistan, and Washington, D.C.
In a press release, Harvey reflected on the origins of the project:
Gathering information from secondary sources felt too far removed for what I was trying to write about. I wanted to smell the air, feel the soil and meet the people of the countries I was fascinated with. My friend Seamus Murphy and I agreed to grow a project together – I would collect words, he would collect pictures, following our instincts on where we should go.

No comments:

Post a Comment